Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, May 5, 2007

I could no sooner choose a favorite star in the heavens....

It's time to talk, and I do mean really get down to it.
As long as I'm sharing my life, I may as well share it.
What are we talking about today? Well ladies and gents, today it's all about the first kiss.

We all know from watching the ever popular Hitch:
8-out of 10 women believe the first kiss will tell them everything they need to know about a relationship... If the first kiss is a let down, it's difficult to recover. I don't know if it matters at all to men, but women want *sparks*...
The American Heritage dictionary defines these kind of sparks as:
-A short pulse or flow of electric current
-A vital, animating, or activating factor
-Anything that activates or stimulates; inspiration or catalyst.

Let's talk about my most recent "first kiss". Where there sparks? I was speechless. If Hitches theory is correct what does this first kiss tell me? This is different from anything I have experienced before.... And there will be surprises... "Sarah is lost in dreamy thoughts, and will return to the computer in a moment..."
Okay I'm back... So what does that kiss tell me, there is definite potential....
My mind and actual matters address other circumstances, but oh if we could all live like the movies....



To Quote another little something from Hitch:
Basic Principles - no woman wakes up saying "God, I hope I don't get swept off my feet today!" Now, she might say "This is a really bad time for me," or something like "I just need some space," or my personal favorite "I'm really into my career right now." You believe that? Neither does she. You know why? 'Cause she's lying to you, that's why. You understand me? Lying! It's not a bad time for her. She doesn't need any space. And she may be into her career, but what she's really saying is "Uh, get away from me now," or possibly "Try harder, stupid," but which one is it? 60% of all human communication is nonverbal, body language; 30% is your tone, so that means 90% of what you're saying ain't coming out of your mouth. Of course she's going to lie to you! She's a nice person! She doesn't want to hurt your feelings! What else she going to say? She doesn't even know you... yet. Luckily, the fact is that just like the rest of us, even a beautiful woman doesn't know what she wants until she sees it, and that's where *Jesus* comes in. Basic Principles - no matter what, no matter when, no matter who... any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet; he just needs the right broom. -Good luck ;)

1 comment:

Kyle Graham said...

Ahhhhhhh, yes - first kisses. Ironically, my first was in first grade, but I am not sure if it counts. Our lips did touch for three seconds (we counted). We only did it once, so maybe it doesn't count. So, the second one was in third grade. There were multiple occassions. In fact, I think our arrangement was once every Saturday, crouched in the corner of my porch so noone would see. She came after the girl who was just a little too forward for my taste (I was shy); we never kissed.

I think generally as guys are growing up, we intuitively know that women expect much from that first kiss, which of course, makes us nervous enough to mess it up at least 50% of the time. Usually, somewhere in highschool we get the hang of the first kiss thing. What does the first kiss tell us about the relationship? Only that she liked us enough to let it happen in the first place. Other than that, the only sparks (stereotypical) guys ever look for is when something metal, electrical or both is involved.

The publisher/owner of this website, Sarah Williams, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.