Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, April 30, 2007

To have and to hold, for better or for worse....


Hello everyone out there in internet world! We need a hott topic to discuss. Democrats? Abortion? Pat Robertson’s political comments? JUST KIDDING. I don’t want to get beat up after class tomorrow night! Let’s talk about weddings. Now please understand THIS is just my opinion, if that many people disagree we can hold a public trial on the make shift gallows that will surely be built by the 3 million dollar fountain on campus. So this is me venting. We were discussing weddings around the lunch table at work today. I just need to let everyone know. Carol, last name to remain nameless is the “bomb”. I adore when Jesus gives you amazing people to love. Well we were discussing weddings.

I DON’T CARE ABOUT A WEDDING. If there was a most likely to elope “superlative” in high school it would have been mine for sure. The one time I came close to debating getting married the conversation went a little something like this:

Satan as we formerly call the ex: I wanna have ten thousand of your babies, wife, blah blah blah.
Me: Is a wedding important to you? Like in a church with your family?
Satan: YES! I want to get married in a church with my family and have a big wedding.
Me: Fine, when you pick a date I’ll get a dress and show up, the rest is TOTALLY up to you.

Why do people feel the need to stress out about things like centerpieces and napkins? I swear if you see some brides their worlds are ending!

Me: What’s wrong hunnie?
Fake bride: (hyperventilating) the napkins can’t come in fresh peach they are coming in matte peach and they aren’t gonna match anything!!!
Me: Oh hunnie (while thinking in my head, there are two different colors of peach?)

I just don’t get it. Long ago my best friend Daphne knew that if it came to me walking down an aisle, she and my sisters were going to have to do most of it.

When you get to spend the rest of your life with an amazing man of God and could drop cash on something like a car, or a down payment on a house, why spend it on a day? I just don’t see the need to stress and plan and plan and stress. In the end who cares what color the napkins are?It’s really about the “I do’s” and the kiss anyway….

1 comment:

Johnny said...

That's awesome, Sarah. If I said that, girls would throw stones at me, but since you said, I feel comfortable agreeing. :). I guess different people are different, but so many weddings seem to be about fulfilling a list of useless social mores. Bleh.

The publisher/owner of this website, Sarah Williams, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.